Microsoft plans to replicate some processes from the PC industry to try to boost its performance in the mobile market and expects to see a growing number of applications in its new Marketplace, an executive said this week.
Contacts, calendar entries, photographs and other personal information of Sidekick users has almost certainly been lost for good following a service disruption at Sidekick provider Danger, the Microsoft subsidiary said on Saturday.
A week after admitting some phases of its security and identity integration strategy are going slower than planned, Microsoft has hit another snag, this time with its anti-malware software.
Halo 3: ODST has already generated more than US$125 million in sales it's first two weeks, and with almost 2.5 million copies sold the Halo franchise is rapidly approaching the 30 million sales mark.
Microsoft is discontinuing its venerable Works program, an entry-level productivity suite for home users, and replacing it with Office Starter 2010, which will contain advertising.
Windows 7 is not even out the door yet and rumors are already circulating about the next version of Microsoft's OS, Windows 8.
With Microsoft both looking to ink a deal with Twitter for its real-time data, the microblogging company could have finally found a way to turn tweets into dollars.
Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system boots slower than its unloved predecessor, Windows Vista, a PC tune-up developer said today.
Microsoft announced today that it will abandon its decades-old Works entry-level suite, and will instead offer a stripped-down, advertising-supported version of Office 2010 on new PCs next year.
Microsoft Thursday concluded development on Exchange 2010 and said the new mail server would ship on Nov. 9 at the company's TechEd Conference in Berlin, Germany.
Those eyeing a migration to Exchange 2010 will find lots of options that improve the platform, but they won't come without careful attention to deployment details including the rollout of Windows Server 2008, says one expert.
Microsoft today said it will deliver its largest-ever number of security updates on Tuesday to fix flaws in every version of Windows, as well as Internet Explorer (IE), Office, SQL Server, important developer tools and the enterprise-grade Forefront ...
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
Not only was there a negative initial reaction to the launch of the latest Windows phones on Wednesday, there were news stories about all the bad reviews.
One researcher isn't buying Microsoft's and Google's explanation that hijacked Hotmail and Gmail passwords were obtained in a massive phishing attack.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
- Apple's iPad Air 2 goes on sale in Australia
- Changes coming to Aldi Mobile plans and network
- Symantec sees rise in high-traffic DDoS attacks
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW