Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
The thorny question of carbon emissions from cloud computing has raised its head again. There's been plenty of debate as to whether cloud computing is good or bad at curbing carbon emissions.
Microsoft has partnered with six major hardware vendors to provide reference architectures that should help enterprises build private IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service)-styled clouds, the company announced Monday.
Enterprises in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said last month.
Microsoft published its advanced notification for next week's Patch Tuesday. The good news for the November updates is that there are will only be three security bulletins -- a relatively calm month following a record-breaking October. The bad news i...
More Microsoft executives are chiming in this week about the company's commitment to the Silverlight rich Internet application platform, after comments from another executive had raised questions about Silverlight's future.
DSLs (Domain Specific languages), continuous integration, and event sourcing were stressed as key aids for software builders Friday by a dignitary in the agile development space.
Research in Motion today released a free version of its BlackBerry Express Server (BES) for IBM Domino servers, which run Lotus Notes. The Express version allows an unlimited number of users but has a subset of the mobile management tool's policies: ...
Only weeks after Microsoft added anti-Zeus Trojan detection to its free Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT), it is unable to detect the latest versions, a rival security company has claimed.
Microsoft has released into full open source the code of its functional programming language, called F#.
Kinect, Microsoft's new motion control gaming system, launched across America this Thursday. And as is the case with any new and noteworthy tech product, the folks over at iFixit got straight to work on taking the Kinect apart, all in the name of gee...
The iPhone will be losing some of its popularity among developers, advertisers, and publishers next year as the app makers try to diversify their offerings to other platforms.
"You are the controller." It sounds so simple, so friendly, so patently cool. Take an Xbox 360, plug in the new $150 Kinect motion-sensing camera, devote a few minutes to waving your arms around like a traffic controller, and you're gaming without a ...
Microsoft is bolstering its cloud presence with its Office 365 cloud application suite and believes it has more to offer enterprises than Google has with its own online applications, a Microsoft executive said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW