More Microsoft executives are chiming in this week about the company's commitment to the Silverlight rich Internet application platform, after comments from another executive had raised questions about Silverlight's future.
DSLs (Domain Specific languages), continuous integration, and event sourcing were stressed as key aids for software builders Friday by a dignitary in the agile development space.
Research in Motion today released a free version of its BlackBerry Express Server (BES) for IBM Domino servers, which run Lotus Notes. The Express version allows an unlimited number of users but has a subset of the mobile management tool's policies: ...
Only weeks after Microsoft added anti-Zeus Trojan detection to its free Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT), it is unable to detect the latest versions, a rival security company has claimed.
Microsoft has released into full open source the code of its functional programming language, called F#.
Kinect, Microsoft's new motion control gaming system, launched across America this Thursday. And as is the case with any new and noteworthy tech product, the folks over at iFixit got straight to work on taking the Kinect apart, all in the name of gee...
The iPhone will be losing some of its popularity among developers, advertisers, and publishers next year as the app makers try to diversify their offerings to other platforms.
"You are the controller." It sounds so simple, so friendly, so patently cool. Take an Xbox 360, plug in the new $150 Kinect motion-sensing camera, devote a few minutes to waving your arms around like a traffic controller, and you're gaming without a ...
Microsoft is bolstering its cloud presence with its Office 365 cloud application suite and believes it has more to offer enterprises than Google has with its own online applications, a Microsoft executive said on Thursday.
Following the flurry of reports early this week that Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 had bested key competitors in the browser arena on early HTML5 compatibility tests, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has cautioned that the results of those tests...
If you are happy with Windows 7 on your personal laptop, but grumble every time Windows XP boots up on your work computer, it may be time to tap your company's IT pro on the shoulder and ask for Windows 7. You might be surprised at the response you g...
Microsoft is continuing its Windows 7 marketing push with a recommendation that all customers examine desktop virtualization before moving users to the new operating system.
The patchwork of rules across Europe regarding the handling of data poses a hurdle for Microsoft's efforts to provide cloud-based services, a senior Microsoft attorney said on Thursday.
Microsoft today said it will ship three security updates next week to patch 11 vulnerabilities, including the first in Office 2010 pegged "critical."
Internet Explorer is under attack again. Microsoft has issued a security advisory explaining a newly-discovered exploit impacting most versions of the Internet Explorer Web browser. The security advisory contains details about the threat, as well as ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD