Microsoft's Office Lens camera app is now a part of both Word and PowerPoint for iOS and Android. It will become really useful, though, once true OCR machine-reading capabilities are added.
Microsoft debuted a new cloud-based Intune management tool, supported by a number of new low-cost PCs, in a bid to oust Google-powered Chromebooks from American classrooms.
Microsoft said Monday that members of its Insider Program for Xbox One will start seeing the first Creators Update features, including UI improvements that add updated Home screens, Guide, and audio options.
Microsoft has resurrected its free Windows 10 upgrade, aiming the deal at small- and mid-sized businesses that passed on the earlier offer.
Microsoft's Twitch competitor, Beam, launches Beam.pro, which has moved out of beta with support for 10Mbps streams with resolutions up to 1440p.
Microsoft's taskbar ads continue. This time with a Microsoft-made extension for Chrome.
Microsoft will shut down its Microsoft Garage experiment, Cache, which had a chance to compete with market leaders Google Keep and Evernote.
Microsoft's Insider build 15014 for Windows 10 PCs and phones adds the ebook store that leaked earlier, plus some handy disk utilities and other upgrades.
Microsoft's decision to stop development of Minecraft: Pocket Edition means there is no Minecraft game for Windows phones under active development.
Microsoft is testing a new feature with Cortana for Android that lets users access the digital personal assistant from the lock screen.
A leaked build from MSPowerUser shows how Microsoft plans to plug the last remaining hole in its content library: ebooks.
Microsoft's patent for a foldable phone/tablet is approved, suggesting Microsoft still has mobile aspirations. But the patent dates from 2014, a time when the company's mobile fortunes were more favorable than they are now.
An early version of Windows 10's expected Game Mode has made an appearance in Build 15007.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007, Microsoft's second build in a week, adds improvements both functional (in Edge, Cortana, and Mobile) and aesthetic (a new themes section in the Store).
Environmental advocacy group Greenpeace is out with its latest report card judging internet companies on use of renewable energy and while Apple, Google and Facebook continue to score the highest marks, the market’s leading IaaS public cloud vendor A...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Torment: Tides of Numenera review: The Planescape successor you've been waiting for
- DJI's rugged Matrice 200 series drones go where no drone has gone before
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCCyber Security Strategy AnalystNSW
- FTBI ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- FTGraduate Software Developer - SASNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD