Figures released Thursday show that Minecraft customers have moved on from the PC -- bad news for Microsoft as it tries to reconcile its closed UWP platform with the freewheeling nature of Minecraft.
Microsoft has opened up the platform behind its HoloLens augmented reality device, inviting partners to build their own products in different form factors and at different price points.
Microsoft launched Windows Holographic on the HoloLens, but it hasn't stopped there -- it wants to make Windows 10 the default OS for all virtual reality devices. too.
Though Microsoft's Minecraft sandbox game is nearly infinitely customizable, Mojang has put the kibosh on using it for commercial or political purposes.
Contrary to scattered reports, Microsoft has not backpedaled from its aggressive efforts to boost Windows 10 adoption.
Petri's Brad Sams speculates that Microsoft is filling a price gap with two lower-cost streaming devices, along the lines of the Chromecast and Roku.
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Microsoft has scaled back its Windows 10 release schedule to two feature upgrades a year, not the three annually it once envisioned.
Microsoft really, really wants to get your feedback. Not content to merely periodically ask you for your thoughts on Windows 10, the company has released its Feedback Hub to all Windows 10 users, not just Windows Insider testers.
Here are both ways of doing it.
It's goal is to use 50 percent wind, solar, and hydropower by the end of 2018
You'll be able to build and play Halo 5 custom maps on Windows 10 by the end of the year, for free.
According to SurveyMonkey, mobile versions of Microsoft's core Office apps -- Excel and Word -- in April badly trailed their rivals from Google, Sheets and Docs, respectively.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build kills Wi-Fi Sense, and makes it easier to navigate on Microsoft Edge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC