Microsoft's moving on from the Windows 10 Creators Update to Redstone 3, its fall update, with a new Insider release. But where's Windows 10 Mobile in all this?
Goodbye, Snap view. One of the Xbox One's original selling points, Snap bites the dust in the Creators Update.
Microsoft's Xbox Project Scorpio's hardware could actually power 4K gaming well, unlike the PS4 Pro. But sorry, PC enthusiasts: AMD's Ryzen isn't inside.
Microsoft finally reveals the diagnostic data Windows 10 collects, as the Creators Update makes it easier to understand what information the operating system wants.
A minor redesign of the Xbox One user interface, and the major addition of Beam game streaming are the focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update for the Xbox One.
Microsoft added two new dates to its Windows 10 Creators Update calendar: early access for "advanced users," and the date when phones will start getting it.
Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update is missing key features promised when it was unveiled, including Windows Capture 3D, mixed-reality devices, Xbox Arenas, and more.
In 2016, Microsoft Edge was the only major PC browser to run Netflix in 1080p. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, it's now made the jump to 4K.
Part of the Windows 10 Creators Update includes a feature called Delivery Optimization, which will help you avoid re-downloading the same patches and app updates over and over across the multiple PCs in your home.
With the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft has brought ebook capabilities to its Microsoft Edge browser. Here's how to take full advantage of those features.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
Microsoft's Docs.com shares documents with the world by default, but that hasn't stopped people from uploading their bank statements.
Microsoft has delayed the release of its tools for connecting other services to the Cortana virtual assistant, a decision that could cause it to lose ground in a crowded industry.
If implemented properly, blockchain can help secure medical devices and improve patient privacy, but the key is proper implementation, according to a top security pro at Partners Healthcare.
Data released by AdDuplex suggests that it took up to three months for most users to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and the same could go for the upcoming Creators Update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW