Professed White Hat hackers face federal criminal charges for grabbing the e-mail addresses of 114,000 AT&T 3G customers who use iPads.
Microsoft is expanding its roster of SDL (security development lifecycle) tools and services with the beta release of an attack surface analyzer tool as well as the introduction of consulting services on secure development.
The hosted applications in Microsoft's Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) have averaged uptime of 99.9 per cent or better in the past year, according to the company.
In an otherwise underwhelming keynote speech at this year's CES tradeshow, Microsoft made a play to control the biggest screen in the house.
Microsoft on Tuesday released an iPhone version of OneNote, the digital notebook software, in one of the first examples of Microsoft making a portion of Office available on non-Windows phones.
Additional details have emerged regarding the more than 800 patents Novell is selling to the Microsoft-led consortium CPTN Holdings for US$450 million, about two months after the deal was first announced.
Microsoft announced Monday that its Dynamics CRM Online software is now available in 40 markets around the world, bringing it in closer competition with Salesforce.com and Oracle's CRM on Demand.
Nearly a month after it yanked an Outlook 2007 update over connection and performance problems, Microsoft this week re-released the patch to correct its mistakes.
Microsoft began shipping this week IIS (Internet Information Services) Express 7.5, a free version of its IIS Web server optimized for developers. The company also unveiled an embedded database upgrade and an open source content management tool.
If what goes up must come down, then what goes down occasionally bounces.
Pano Logic has launched a new version of its zero-client device, supporting video and Citrix virtualisation for the first time,
The departure of long-time Microsoft executive Bob Muglia is a troubling sign because he was held in high esteem by the firm's technical talent, an analyst said today.
Making multiple moves in the Web development space, Microsoft is introducing this week both a website building tool for neophytes and the third major version of its MVC (Model View Controller) technology.
Microsoft plans to launch an application on Thursday for quickly ramping up websites and lightweight Web applications, called WebMatrix.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia