While tablets such as Apple's iPad and Motorola's Android-based Xoom are continuing to attract popular attention, there are many workplaces that are still based around Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately, Windows 7 isn't really optimized for use in tabl...
Research firm Gartner yesterday gave Microsoft a hard diss on the tablet front by not including Redmond in its recent tablet-OS four-year forecast.
Windows 7 has finally assumed its rightful place on the desktop operating system throne -- usurping Windows XP for the first time. Granted, Windows 7 reign only covers the United States, but it is still a significant milestone on the path to becoming...
Microsoft has upgraded and renamed its Bing search engine's directory of local businesses, adding capabilities for owners to create, claim and manage their listings, as well as promote special deals, the company said Monday.
<a href="http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_on_the_issues/archive/2011/04/11/google-s-misleading-security-claims-to-the-government-raise-serious-questions.aspx">In a scathing blog post</a>, one of Microsoft's top lawyers alleged that Google has bee...
Microsoft is moving its Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications to its Azure cloud platform, the company announced Monday at the Convergence conference in Atlanta. The belated move represents a major change for the way Microsoft sell...
Diane asked where on her hard drive she could find her downloaded email messages. She uses Windows Live Mail.
Bing's new iPad app strives to be more than just a search engine. Sure, there's a search bar up top, but the app's greatest assets are its other features, including news, weather, and trends. Here's an overview of the main features in Bing for iPad:
The developer of an unauthorized tool that Windows Phone 7 customers could use to force an update for their phones explained on Friday that he pulled the tool at Microsoft's request.
Microsoft today launched Bing for iPad, the company's first app for Apple's tablet.
Microsoft today said it will patch a record 64 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, Windows graphics framework, and other software next week, and tie a December 2010 record for the number of security updates it issues.
Dell on Thursday served up a new choice for buying its servers: plug-and-play configurations that include up to 200 VMware virtual machines along with the networking and storage needed to run them.
Our colleagues over at IDC caused some chuckles to break out across the tech world when they predicted that Microsoft's Windows phones will beat the iPhone in market share by 2015. Impossible! Absurd! seemed to be the default responses.
Microsoft will try to lure iPad users to its search engine with a new Bing application built specifically for the popular Apple tablet device.
Android has a message for other mobile OS platforms: "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." The latest results from comScore show that Android has ascended to the top slot for smartphone market share -- gobbling up market share from many of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia