Microsoft's Surface Studio all-in-one grabs your attention with its beautiful display and intriguing peripherals, but this is more workstation than PC.
Updated Surface Book i7 gets fatter GPU, slightly fatter body, and keeps the Fulcrum hinge.
Microsoft's new Surface Studio is the company's first ever desktop PC and is aimed directly at the creator market, just the kind of people who typically buy Apple Macs.
Microsoft unleashed a ton of Windows and Surface news on the world from New York on Wednesday, revealing new Windows features and brand new hardware. Here’s the run-down on the biggest news from the company’s two-hour-long presentation.
Microsoft Japan and Shiseido have teamed up with an app that overlays virtual makeup on your Skype for Business calls.
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday that "he's done" with the Microsoft Surface tablets that the NFL uses.
One Gartner analyst called Cortana "Big Brother" combined with productivity, and asked some pointed questions about Microsoft's intentions.
Microsoft is positioning its HoloLens augmented reality headset for businesses, but analysts say it must clear hurdles such as cost, technical and competitive challenges.
Microsoft is expanding the reach of its HoloLens augmented reality headgear to six new countries around the world.
Microsoft has elaborated on the new patching policy for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that takes effect on Tuesday.
PCWorld interviews Microsoft's new AI Chief Harry Shum, who clearly has plans for newCortana and Bing: "We are infusing AI technology into all Microsoft products," he said.
Microsoft has begun sending out invitations to an Oct. 26 event where it's expected to launch a new Surface all-in-one PC.
Microsoft has added a new support policy that drops the company's decade of technical support for an open-ended product lifetime.
Microsoft's Windows 10 lost user share in September for the first time since its debut more than a year ago.
On Thursday, Microsoft moved Cortana and Bing into a new organization that combines the two product groups with Microsoft Research. Both products could benefit from closer proximity to the company's most advanced technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC