Ah, Vegas. It's the place where dreams are realized, and hearts are shattered. As such, probably no more appropriate venue exists to showcase the massive gamble that is Windows RT, Microsoft's first tablet-focused operating system, and the first Wind...
As 2013 begins, the SaaS (software as a service) market is set to heat up even more, as well as potentially undergo a number of key shifts. Here's a look at a series of key SaaS vendors and trends to watch as the year unfolds.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
Among the raft of recent and upcoming Microsoft upgrades, Windows 8 towers in importance but its chances for success remain cloudy among enterprise customers.
Windows 8 may not be the easiest operating system to use, but no one can accuse it of being stingy. If you poke deep inside the new OS, you'll find a generous assortment of software tools, many of which make third-party utilities redundant.
Social media is now embedded in our business workflows, our shopping habits, and our news sources. So it's no wonder that Microsoft infused social media features into its Windows 8 contacts app, People. The message is clear. Since social media is omn...
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
Windows 8 is rife with features and behaviors that conspire to perplex even the most experienced PC users. Not all of them are bad, per se, but few of them are immediately intuitive. Making matters worse, the OS was primarily designed for touch contr...
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
We finally had a chance to go hands-on with the Surface RT this morning at Microsoft's official Windows 8 launch in Sydney. We only had limited time with the device, but alas, here's our immediate first impressions.
If you're going to throw down some cash for Microsoft's new Surface RT tablet, you absolutely must get either the Touch Cover or the Type Cover along with it. Without one of these keyboard accessories, the tablet's greater productivity package isn't ...
Microsoft's radical shift to touch-centric computing in Windows 8 is far from the only difference between the new operating system and its predecessor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA