Now is when the hard work begins for Microsoft and Yahoo, after finally getting the regulatory green light from the U.S. and the European Union to implement their ballyhooed search engine partnership.
Microsoft-Yahoo search deal
The U.S. Department of Justice and the European Commission on Thursday both unconditionally approved Microsoft and Yahoo's plan to work together in the field of Internet search.
Google cofounder and President of Technology Sergey Brin made a surprise appearance at the Web 2.0 Summit on Thursday, answering a variety of questions on hot-button issues affecting the search company.
A Microsoft and Yahoo search deal, announced in July, will face an in-depth antitrust review from the U.S. Department of Justice, Microsoft has confirmed.
Yahoo hopes to remain relevant and competitive in the search engine market, battling for users not only against nemesis Google but also against its future search partner, Microsoft.
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
The Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. courtship that has been taking place on and off for the past four years had grown as tiresome as the annual Brett Favre retirement watch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT