Microsoft is improving accommodations for Java developers on the Windows Azure cloud, with an upgraded plug-in for Eclipse-based software developers.
Microsoft Windows Azure
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Micro Focus on Thursday announced it is extending its Cobol platform to Java and the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, with the launch of Micro Focus Visual Cobol R3.
Microsoft is looking to make it easier to move existing Windows Server applications to the company's Windows Azure cloud platform via virtual machine technology.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTWindows AdministratorACT
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW