Fighter Uncaged review: Kinect's first fighting game falls flat on its face
Kinect review: We put the Xbox 360's new motion controller through its paces -- is Kinect worth it?
Despite my frustration with what Dance Central can't do, I'm giving this game a high score for what it can
Microsoft has announced that it has sold 10 million Kinect motion-sensing systems. Kinect is designed to be used with Microsoft's Xbox 360 console and lets you use your body to control games and access media files.
Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360 ditched handheld controllers for gestures and sound, but natural user interfaces don't have to be restricted to video games.
So, you want to play some Call Of Duty on your PC? You could do that the old fashioned way, or you could spice things up a little by hooking your PC up to Microsoft's Kinect and Nintendo's Wii Remote for some added FPS awesomeness, One avid gamer has...
Intel's research and development labs have been working on an interactive 3D technology called OASIS, which may one day give consumers a whole new way of interacting with their shopping lists and everyday household items. The technology was showcased...
The gossip blogs had a field day a few weeks ago, homing in on a patent filing unearthed by GoRumors that implied Microsoft's Kinect motion-control camera for the Xbox 360 might recognize sign language.
By the time you read this, Kinect for Xbox 360 will finally be hitting stores nationwide; some two weeks after its launch in America and Europe.
It's official: Kinect is for kids and housewives.
This year, Sony and Microsoft are set to release two new control schemes for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 -- the PlayStation Move and Kinect for Xbox 360, respectively.
When Microsoft announced Project Natal to the world, certain members of the GamePro team were worried. Was the company "doing a Nintendo" and kiddifying its console beyond all recognition?
After putting Microsoft's Kinect motion-sensing camera for the Xbox 360 through its paces, I've come away a true believer--that it isn't for me, it's for my wife.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW