Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
Smartphones, tablets and PCs are about to get a whole lot more storage capacity thanks to new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron that cram more bits into a smaller space.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW