Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
Smartphones, tablets and PCs are about to get a whole lot more storage capacity thanks to new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron that cram more bits into a smaller space.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW