Dell will invest in additional acquisitions and remain committed to its struggling PC business once a $US24.9 billion deal to go private is complete, according to company officials.
Prominent shareholder advisory group Institutional Shareholder Services has given a stamp of approval to Dell founder Michael Dell's bid to take the company private.
Investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management have made a counter-offer for Dell that would keep the computer company still publicly traded, according to reports.
In a filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday, Dell highlighted the dismal financial straits that led to its plan to take the company private, a move that now has some major shareholders in an uproar.
The CEOs of IBM and Dell have called on U.S. government leaders to put aside their differences and create a long-term agenda to promote innovation and improve the country's competitive stature in the world.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Michael Dell and Silver Lake's decision to raise the offer to take Dell private is a concession that rival Carl Icahn and affiliate parties may have an upper hand in the wrangling to take over the company, observers of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW