A 19-year-old U.K. man said he was relieved after receiving probation for pleading guilty to four hacking-related charges in connection with a large distributed denial-of-service attack on the Metropolitan Police Service's website.
U.K. police arrested six people on Thursday for allegedly running a phishing scam that stole an estimated £1.6 million (US$2.6 million) from victims who had taken out student loans.
The U.K. is continuing to aggressively pursue so-called hacktivists, charging two men and arresting two more on Thursday who are allegedly connected with the groups Anonymous and Lulz Security.
The 18-year-old teenager identified by police as the spokesman for the hacking groups Anonymous and Lulz Security was charged on Sunday with five offenses and expected to appear Monday in a London court.
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW