Google announced that it will be shutting Talk down on June 26 and removing SMS support from Hangouts on May 22 in a continuing attempt to consolidate its many messaging apps.
Viber's got a new feature for those who don't want their secret conversations uncovered by losing their phone.
A new update rolling out to the Android Allo app adds a new icon for bringing Assistant into a conversation, lets you search for GIFs, and upgrades some popular emojis.
WhatsApp is adding two-step verification, an extra security feature that all users should enable as soon as it becomes available. Here's how it works.
Just before the holidays get into full swing, Viber is rolling out an app update featuring improved emoticons, recorded video messages, and animated GIFs.
Skype's making it easier to use Skype Translator for real-time multi-language conversations by enabling calls to landlines and mobile phones.
Google's cross-platform chat app is continues to improve in its bid to lure users from other services.
How the peach emoji got its groove back.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
It's the first major update for Google's new messaging service, and it brings a lot that probably should have been there at launch.
You can now draw and add emoji to your photos and videos on WhatsApp.
Apple has shared data from its server logs with police.
Leaning heavily on Google's new Assistant, Google hopes Allo will finally give it a messaging app that really sticks.
Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW