BT said it has agreed to acquire mobile operator EE in the U.K. for £12.5 billion (US$19 billion), reflecting growing consolidation in the country's mobile market.
Lenovo's smartphone business is shipping more handsets to countries outside China, following the company's recent acquisition of Motorola Mobility and more competition in the local market.
In its push to connect as many gadgets to the Internet as possible, Intel has agreed to buy Lantiq, a German company that makes broadband access and home networking tech.
AT&T has agreed to acquire mobile carrier Nextel Mexico for UDS$1.9 billion from parent company NII Holdings, in an effort by AT&T to win a larger slice of the Mexican mobile market, the company announced Monday.
Would you like your smartphone's cover in wood or leather? And how about the device's metal trim?
In a move to beef up its portfolio of analysis software and services, Microsoft is acquiring Revolution Analytics, a major commercial distributor of the R statistical programming language.
Hutchison Whampoa is in negotiations to acquire O2, a mobile operator in the U.K., leading to significant consolidation in the country's mobile services market.
Amazon.com is to acquire a semiconductor startup in Israel, which has been operating secretively since it was set up in 2011.
Twitter is to acquire ZipDial Mobile Solutions, a Bangalore company that has developed a platform that allows content like promotions to be delivered to users through voice, SMS or an app notification when an user gives a missed call.
U.S. venture funding for Internet startups last year rose to its highest level since 2000, as even controversial companies like Uber Technologies attracted big bets on the future.
Samsung's reported offer of up to $US7.5 billion for BlackBerry may turn out to be only a rumor, but such a match might make sense for both sides.
Samsung Electronics and BlackBerry have both denied a report that they met to to discuss a proposed US$7.5 billion buyout by the South Korean powerhouse.
Mobile giant Samsung Electronics reportedly approached rival BlackBerry with a buyout proposal worth as much as $US7.5 billion, according to a Reuters news report.
To beef up its mobile marketing portfolio, analytics systems supplier Teradata has acquired Appoxee, a Tel Aviv startup that develops in-app and push messaging software designed to increase mobile user engagement.
Citrix Systems has acquired storage virtualization vendor Sanbolic in a move that could make it easier for Citrix users to use applications and virtual desktops spread across data centers and clouds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Many hospitals transmit your health records unencrypted
- EFF condemns Windows 10 data collection
- Facebook renews search for elusive younger users with Lifestage
- Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings
- Barbra Streisand says Apple is updating Siri on Sept 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW