BT said it has agreed to acquire mobile operator EE in the U.K. for £12.5 billion (US$19 billion), reflecting growing consolidation in the country's mobile market.
Lenovo's smartphone business is shipping more handsets to countries outside China, following the company's recent acquisition of Motorola Mobility and more competition in the local market.
In its push to connect as many gadgets to the Internet as possible, Intel has agreed to buy Lantiq, a German company that makes broadband access and home networking tech.
AT&T has agreed to acquire mobile carrier Nextel Mexico for UDS$1.9 billion from parent company NII Holdings, in an effort by AT&T to win a larger slice of the Mexican mobile market, the company announced Monday.
Would you like your smartphone's cover in wood or leather? And how about the device's metal trim?
In a move to beef up its portfolio of analysis software and services, Microsoft is acquiring Revolution Analytics, a major commercial distributor of the R statistical programming language.
Hutchison Whampoa is in negotiations to acquire O2, a mobile operator in the U.K., leading to significant consolidation in the country's mobile services market.
Amazon.com is to acquire a semiconductor startup in Israel, which has been operating secretively since it was set up in 2011.
Twitter is to acquire ZipDial Mobile Solutions, a Bangalore company that has developed a platform that allows content like promotions to be delivered to users through voice, SMS or an app notification when an user gives a missed call.
U.S. venture funding for Internet startups last year rose to its highest level since 2000, as even controversial companies like Uber Technologies attracted big bets on the future.
Samsung's reported offer of up to $US7.5 billion for BlackBerry may turn out to be only a rumor, but such a match might make sense for both sides.
Samsung Electronics and BlackBerry have both denied a report that they met to to discuss a proposed US$7.5 billion buyout by the South Korean powerhouse.
Mobile giant Samsung Electronics reportedly approached rival BlackBerry with a buyout proposal worth as much as $US7.5 billion, according to a Reuters news report.
To beef up its mobile marketing portfolio, analytics systems supplier Teradata has acquired Appoxee, a Tel Aviv startup that develops in-app and push messaging software designed to increase mobile user engagement.
Citrix Systems has acquired storage virtualization vendor Sanbolic in a move that could make it easier for Citrix users to use applications and virtual desktops spread across data centers and clouds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA