Microsoft has been nothing if not voracious this year when it comes to acquiring promising young companies, and on Tuesday it snatched up yet another: Datazen Software, which focuses on mobile business intelligence.
Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
LinkedIn is acquiring online learning company lynda.com for US$1.5 billion in cash and stock, the social networking site announced Thursday.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
Back in 2010 there was a round of widespread speculation that Oracle was about to snap up Informatica, but -- like so many such rumors -- it never came to pass. Now, Informatica is getting purchased by someone else.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Salesforce.com has acquired Toopher, the developer of a mobile two-factor authentication app that uses location-awareness.
Cisco plans to beef up its SDN [software-defined networking] technology by acquiring Embrane, a startup with an architecture for virtualized network appliances.
The UK's Serious Fraud Office may have dropped its investigation of software firm Autonomy earlier this year, but that doesn't appear to have done much to allay HP's ire. HP -- which acquired Autonomy in 2011 -- has confirmed that it plans to sue Mik...
Microsoft has acquired LiveLoop and its technology for sharing PowerPoint presentations online more easily.
Apple has reportedly acquired database company FoundationDB, a move that would allow the company to improve the underpinnings of its existing services and also lay the groundwork for an Internet of Things (IoT) expansion.
Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
Norwegian browser developer Opera Software has bought virtual private network service SurfEasy to help its users protect their privacy when accessing the Web from smartphones, tablets and computers.
Facebook has acquired The Find, a nine-year-old company with a search engine that indexes products across thousands of e-commerce sites.
Amazon.com has acquired 2lemetry, a startup that has developed a platform for the integration of connected devices across enterprises, as it expands on its Internet of Things strategy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSystem AnalystQLD