Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
LinkedIn is acquiring online learning company lynda.com for US$1.5 billion in cash and stock, the social networking site announced Thursday.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
Back in 2010 there was a round of widespread speculation that Oracle was about to snap up Informatica, but -- like so many such rumors -- it never came to pass. Now, Informatica is getting purchased by someone else.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Salesforce.com has acquired Toopher, the developer of a mobile two-factor authentication app that uses location-awareness.
Cisco plans to beef up its SDN [software-defined networking] technology by acquiring Embrane, a startup with an architecture for virtualized network appliances.
The UK's Serious Fraud Office may have dropped its investigation of software firm Autonomy earlier this year, but that doesn't appear to have done much to allay HP's ire. HP -- which acquired Autonomy in 2011 -- has confirmed that it plans to sue Mik...
Microsoft has acquired LiveLoop and its technology for sharing PowerPoint presentations online more easily.
Apple has reportedly acquired database company FoundationDB, a move that would allow the company to improve the underpinnings of its existing services and also lay the groundwork for an Internet of Things (IoT) expansion.
Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
Norwegian browser developer Opera Software has bought virtual private network service SurfEasy to help its users protect their privacy when accessing the Web from smartphones, tablets and computers.
Facebook has acquired The Find, a nine-year-old company with a search engine that indexes products across thousands of e-commerce sites.
Amazon.com has acquired 2lemetry, a startup that has developed a platform for the integration of connected devices across enterprises, as it expands on its Internet of Things strategy.
The containerization trend has been growing fast and furious over the past year or so in the world of software development, and on Thursday leading player Docker announced a step toward further expansion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT