Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
LinkedIn is acquiring online learning company lynda.com for US$1.5 billion in cash and stock, the social networking site announced Thursday.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
Back in 2010 there was a round of widespread speculation that Oracle was about to snap up Informatica, but -- like so many such rumors -- it never came to pass. Now, Informatica is getting purchased by someone else.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Salesforce.com has acquired Toopher, the developer of a mobile two-factor authentication app that uses location-awareness.
Cisco plans to beef up its SDN [software-defined networking] technology by acquiring Embrane, a startup with an architecture for virtualized network appliances.
The UK's Serious Fraud Office may have dropped its investigation of software firm Autonomy earlier this year, but that doesn't appear to have done much to allay HP's ire. HP -- which acquired Autonomy in 2011 -- has confirmed that it plans to sue Mik...
Microsoft has acquired LiveLoop and its technology for sharing PowerPoint presentations online more easily.
Apple has reportedly acquired database company FoundationDB, a move that would allow the company to improve the underpinnings of its existing services and also lay the groundwork for an Internet of Things (IoT) expansion.
Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
Norwegian browser developer Opera Software has bought virtual private network service SurfEasy to help its users protect their privacy when accessing the Web from smartphones, tablets and computers.
Facebook has acquired The Find, a nine-year-old company with a search engine that indexes products across thousands of e-commerce sites.
Amazon.com has acquired 2lemetry, a startup that has developed a platform for the integration of connected devices across enterprises, as it expands on its Internet of Things strategy.
The containerization trend has been growing fast and furious over the past year or so in the world of software development, and on Thursday leading player Docker announced a step toward further expansion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC