The Special Committee overseeing Dell's buyout proposal has reached an agreement with company founder Michael Dell and his associates, Silver Lake Partners, on a proposed purchase in which shareholders will get US$13.75 per share and a special divide...
Carl Icahn filed a lawsuit against Dell and its board of directors on Thursday as he continued to take steps to prevent the company's founder and investment company Silver Lake from taking the company private.
Dell's board has struck down new shareholder voting guidelines for a buyout proposed by company founder Michael Dell and his associates, Silver Lake Partners, which are in a fight with investor Carl Icahn to take the PC maker private.
Samsung is reportedly in talks to acquire German organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology developer Novaled.
The takeover bout for Dell resumed on Monday, with investor Carl Icahn sounding off on the proposal from Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners to change rules governing the shareholder vote for a revised bid to take the PC maker private.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
Michael Dell has raised his offer to take Dell private by US$0.10 per share, to about $24.7 billion, after the company was forced to delay a vote because stockholders seemed inclined to reject the bid.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Apple has acquired Locationary, a start-up based in Toronto that provides a platform for aggregating and managing local business listings.
Yahoo has made yet another acquisition, this time picking up Beijing-based data analysis startup Ztelic to boost its research and development efforts in China.
Database software vendor FoundationDB has acquired Akiban, another purveyor of database software, in a move to develop a hybrid data-store application capable of storing both SQL and non-SQL data.
Dell has delayed a shareholder vote of a proposed buyout deal in which founder Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners would take the company private.
The two biggest mobile operators in the U.S. are fiercely competitive and closely matched in size. So will AT&T's proposed multibillion-dollar acquisition of Leap Wireless change the balance?
Open-source IT automation software vendor Puppet Labs has acquired Cloudsmith, which provides tools and services that can help administrators and developers more easily use the Puppet software.
Intel has moved to bring keyboard-free computing to PCs and mobile phones with the acquisition of Israel-based Omek Interactive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia