Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
U.S. authorities have charged a former research analyst at a financial services firm with insider trading offenses related to the 2009 acquisition of software vendor SPSS by IBM.
After starting amid the smoldering ruins of AT&T and T-Mobile USA's failed merger, 2012 ended as a big year for mobile carrier deals in the U.S., and possibly a final changing of the guard for a long time.
Enriching its portfolio of cloud management software, Red Hat is acquiring ManageIQ, a provider of software that helps organizations manage their virtual machines across public and private clouds.
Oracle has agreed to acquire Eloqua for about US$871 million, in a bid to build out a set of marketing automation software.
Google has launched a free iPad app to allow its paying business customers to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Google plans to sell the TV set-top box business of its Motorola Mobility subsidiary to Arris Group, a broadband device vendor, for $2.35 billion.
In a move to expand its portfolio of information governance software, IBM is acquiring e-discovery software vendor StoredIQ.
Dell has made a deal to acquire data-protection vendor Credant Technologies and plans to add the company's technology to its enterprise IT security offerings.
An investor in Clearwire has stepped up its fight to get a better price for the mobile operator, but Clearwire's alternatives to a Sprint Nextel buyout may be limited due to the nature of its spectrum and its business.
Sprint Nextel will spend US$2.2 billion to take complete ownership of Clearwire, a move that will help it expand its network capacity.
Samsung Electronics has acquired Nvelo, a Silicon Valley vendor of products for caching data on flash-based SSDs (solid-state disks).
Sprint Nextel's proposed buyout of network partner Clearwire may be inevitable, and it could help Sprint keep its signature unlimited mobile data plans alive.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Oracle is planning to buy DataRaker in a move that will give it a cloud-based platform for analyzing data from smart meters used by energy utilities. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, weren't disclosed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW