The Special Committee overseeing Dell's buyout proposal has reached an agreement with company founder Michael Dell and his associates, Silver Lake Partners, on a proposed purchase in which shareholders will get US$13.75 per share and a special divide...
Carl Icahn filed a lawsuit against Dell and its board of directors on Thursday as he continued to take steps to prevent the company's founder and investment company Silver Lake from taking the company private.
Dell's board has struck down new shareholder voting guidelines for a buyout proposed by company founder Michael Dell and his associates, Silver Lake Partners, which are in a fight with investor Carl Icahn to take the PC maker private.
Samsung is reportedly in talks to acquire German organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology developer Novaled.
The takeover bout for Dell resumed on Monday, with investor Carl Icahn sounding off on the proposal from Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners to change rules governing the shareholder vote for a revised bid to take the PC maker private.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
Michael Dell has raised his offer to take Dell private by US$0.10 per share, to about $24.7 billion, after the company was forced to delay a vote because stockholders seemed inclined to reject the bid.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Apple has acquired Locationary, a start-up based in Toronto that provides a platform for aggregating and managing local business listings.
Yahoo has made yet another acquisition, this time picking up Beijing-based data analysis startup Ztelic to boost its research and development efforts in China.
Database software vendor FoundationDB has acquired Akiban, another purveyor of database software, in a move to develop a hybrid data-store application capable of storing both SQL and non-SQL data.
Dell has delayed a shareholder vote of a proposed buyout deal in which founder Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners would take the company private.
The two biggest mobile operators in the U.S. are fiercely competitive and closely matched in size. So will AT&T's proposed multibillion-dollar acquisition of Leap Wireless change the balance?
Open-source IT automation software vendor Puppet Labs has acquired Cloudsmith, which provides tools and services that can help administrators and developers more easily use the Puppet software.
Intel has moved to bring keyboard-free computing to PCs and mobile phones with the acquisition of Israel-based Omek Interactive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia