LGS Innovations, a company formed during the Alcatel-Lucent merger to supply technology to the U.S. government, has been sold to a pair of U.S.-based investment companies for about US$200 million.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Continuing to bulk up on its cloud software portfolio, IBM is acquiring Aspera, a company with an Emmy-award-winning, high-speed bulk data transfer protocol.
Ebay's PayPal division said on Tuesday it is acquiring StackMob, a company specializing in development tools for building mobile applications.
Semiconductor company Avago Technologies has agreed to buy storage and networking company LSI for US$6.6 billion in an effort to expand its data center offerings.
Intel is taking steps to acquire wireless assets in order to compete with chip rivals such as Qualcomm and Mellanox in the mobile device and data center market.
Sprint is considering an acquisition of T-Mobile US that would reduce the U.S. mobile industry to three large carriers if approved by regulators.
To make its mark in the mobile gaming industry, ARM acquired video game lighting effects company Geomerics.
Microsoft's acquisition of Skype is compatible with European Union competition law, the General Court of the E.U. ruled Wednesday.
Verizon has signed an agreement to acquire EdgeCast Networks, in an effort to enhance its video delivery and Web services capabilities.
Yahoo may soon be broadcasting more concerts following its acquisition of live music streaming startup Evntlive.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given its blessing to Verizon Communication's proposed US$130 billion purchase of the stake that Vodafone Group has in Verizon Wireless.
The European Commission has cleared Microsoft's acquisition of the devices and services division of Finland's Nokia, it said Wednesday.
Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW