Rdio digital music service is acquiring a shuttered music streaming service company in India in a bid to get into the local market, which loves music but is not always willing to pay for it.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved AT&T's US$1.2 billion acquisition of competitor Leap Wireless, which sells prepaid mobile service under the Cricket brand.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Hundreds of striking workers at an IBM server factory in China have decided to leave their jobs, disappointed with the U.S. company and the wages they will get once Lenovo takes over the factory.
Serena Software founder Doug Troxel is teaming up with private equity firm HGGC to purchase the application development software vendor from Silver Lake Partners. Terms of the deal, which was announced Monday, were not disclosed.
French mobile operator SFR is the target of a bidding war between construction giant Bouygues, which hopes to merge the network with that of its own Bouygues Telecom subsidiary, and Altice, owner of French ISP and cable TV company Numéricable.
Not all are fans of Lenovo's recent plan to buy IBM's x86 server business. Since Monday, close to 1,000 workers at an IBM factory in China have been protesting the proposed acquisition, fearing they may lose their jobs if the deal goes through.
Yahoo has acquired Vizify, a company that turns social media data into interactive visual aids such as infographics and videos, adding to the Internet giant's string of acquisitions designed both to get talent and access to new technologies and servi...
CloudFlare said Monday it plans to acquire StopTheHacker, a malware scanning service that the company said will prevent its content distribution system from being used to spread malicious software.
Investor Carl Icahn has ripped into the eBay board of directors and called for the company to spin off its PayPal unit in a colorful letter to eBay stockholders released Monday.
Adding more muscle to its cloud operations portfolio, IBM is acquiring hosted NoSQL database provider Cloudant.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Google claimed it's ratcheting up the fight against fraud in online advertising, disclosing Friday that it has bought Spider.io, a London company specializing in ad fraud detection technology.
Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
After two-and-a-half years running Hewlett-Packard, CEO Meg Whitman appears ready to make some deals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC