Adding more muscle to its cloud operations portfolio, IBM is acquiring hosted NoSQL database provider Cloudant.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Google claimed it's ratcheting up the fight against fraud in online advertising, disclosing Friday that it has bought Spider.io, a London company specializing in ad fraud detection technology.
Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp may end up being just one milestone in a strong year for tech mergers and acquisitions.
After two-and-a-half years running Hewlett-Packard, CEO Meg Whitman appears ready to make some deals.
It might not have figured in Facebook's calculations, but its deal to buy WhatsApp may help the social networking giant get access to the Chinese market.
Facebook has agreed to buy mobile messaging app, WhatsApp, for $US16 billion in cash and stock, the social network said Wednesday.
The team at SlickLogin, a company working on technology for online authentication using sounds from a mobile phone, said it has joined Google.
Japan's Rakuten will acquire instant messaging and calling app developer Viber Media for US$900 million, the e-commerce giant said Friday, highlighting its moves to penetrate new markets.
Comcast's proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable is partly a grab for negotiating power in the fast-changing video content business, but it might affect broadband users, too.
Comcast will acquire Time Warner Cable in a US$45.2 billion all-stock deal, the companies said Thursday.
Comcast is expected to announce Thursday that it will acquire Time Warner Cable in an all-stock deal, according to reports.
Apparently Klout is popular.
LinkedIn is acquiring Bright, a startup that has developed a search technology for better matching job hunters with employers that could help to drive more users to LinkedIn's site.
Alcatel-Lucent's revenue remained flat, but the company turned a year-earlier loss into a net profit for the fourth quarter, it reported Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- On your mark, get set, update! Windows 10 is here
- Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps
- Telstra TV will offer Netflix, Presto and Stan
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 camera
- Making Windows 10 was like 'ordering pizza for 1.5 billion people'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW