Symantec said Wednesday it closed a deal last week to acquire NitroDesk, which makes security and management applications for mobile devices.
Intuit is expanding its consumer and small-business financial services to tablets and smartphones with its purchase of mobile bill pay provider Check for approximately US$360 million.
French IT services company Atos is seeking to beef up its cybersecurity and high-performance computing offering with a €620 million (US$845 million) bid for servers and services specialist Bull.
Confidence in software-as-a-service, mobile and cloud technology is spurring tech mergers and acquisitions, despite lingering economic worries, according to market watchers.
The dispute between Oculus VR, a wearable virtual reality technology company that Facebook is acquiring, and ZeniMax Media reached court Wednesday.
Google plans to spend US$20 billion to $30 billion of its of its accumulated international profits to fund potential acquisitions of non-U.S. companies and technology rights.
IBM has acquired virtual assistant software startup Cognea, with plans to roll its capabilities into the Watson cognitive computing platform.
Google is planning to buy Twitch, a service that allows gamers to stream their game play.
AT&T plans to acquire DirecTV for about US$50 billion, it announced Sunday, laying to rest days of reports based on anonymous sources that such a deal was in the offing.
SAP is trimming an unspecified number of workers as part of an effort to restructure its overall skill set.
Three founders of Lawson Software have agreed to pay about US$5.8 million to settle insider trading charges in connection with Infor's 2011 acquisition of the company.
Google has snapped up startup Stackdriver that offers a service for developers to monitor apps and services on the cloud.
Epicor has been put up for sale by private equity firm Apax Partners, which is hoping to get up to $US3.5 billion for the enterprise resource planning (ERP) vendor, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal, but analysts say it's difficult to ...
EMC has agreed to acquire DSSD, a Silicon Valley startup developing technology for pooling server-based flash for high-performance data access.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC