Intuit is expanding its consumer and small-business financial services to tablets and smartphones with its purchase of mobile bill pay provider Check for approximately US$360 million.
French IT services company Atos is seeking to beef up its cybersecurity and high-performance computing offering with a €620 million (US$845 million) bid for servers and services specialist Bull.
Confidence in software-as-a-service, mobile and cloud technology is spurring tech mergers and acquisitions, despite lingering economic worries, according to market watchers.
The dispute between Oculus VR, a wearable virtual reality technology company that Facebook is acquiring, and ZeniMax Media reached court Wednesday.
Google plans to spend US$20 billion to $30 billion of its of its accumulated international profits to fund potential acquisitions of non-U.S. companies and technology rights.
IBM has acquired virtual assistant software startup Cognea, with plans to roll its capabilities into the Watson cognitive computing platform.
Google is planning to buy Twitch, a service that allows gamers to stream their game play.
AT&T plans to acquire DirecTV for about US$50 billion, it announced Sunday, laying to rest days of reports based on anonymous sources that such a deal was in the offing.
SAP is trimming an unspecified number of workers as part of an effort to restructure its overall skill set.
Three founders of Lawson Software have agreed to pay about US$5.8 million to settle insider trading charges in connection with Infor's 2011 acquisition of the company.
Google has snapped up startup Stackdriver that offers a service for developers to monitor apps and services on the cloud.
Epicor has been put up for sale by private equity firm Apax Partners, which is hoping to get up to $US3.5 billion for the enterprise resource planning (ERP) vendor, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal, but analysts say it's difficult to ...
EMC has agreed to acquire DSSD, a Silicon Valley startup developing technology for pooling server-based flash for high-performance data access.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Taking a step into the rapidly emerging market for software-defined storage, Red Hat has agreed to acquire Inktank, the company behind the Ceph open-source storage system, for approximately US$175 million in cash.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW