Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
A judge has ruled that Hewlett-Packard and its CEO, Meg Whitman, must mount a defense against a shareholder class action lawsuit claiming that Whitman and HP made misleading statements about the acquisition of Autonomy.
Cloud storage vendor Box has acquired the technology behind a company called dLoop, which it will use to add more controls that give enterprises more features for protecting their content.
Apple has acquired PrimeSense, a developer of 3-D sensors that allow devices to respond to the environment in three dimensions.
More than 99 per cent of Nokia's shareholders have voted to approve Microsoft's acquisition of the Finnish company's Devices & Services business.
Size matters in the unified communications business, according to Mitel Networks and Aastra Technologies, two Canadian vendors that plan to merge early next year.
Europe’s competition watchdog on Wednesday opened an investigation into the proposed merger between Telefónica Ireland and Hutchison 3G UK.
Open Text is acquiring GXS Group for US$1.17 billion in a deal that will give the information management software vendor a widely used cloud-based business-to-business trading platform.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a US$1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
Japanese NTT Communications has acquired Virtela Technology Services and a majority stake in RagingWire Data Centers as part of its worldwide data center and cloud push.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Yahoo has acquired LookFlow, an image recognition company, as part of a plan to improve photo discovery on Flickr, Yahoo announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW