Internet conglomerate Mail.Ru has at last acquired total control of Russian social network VKontakte after a lingering shareholder dispute involving allegations of embezzlement and the involvement of the Russian secret service.
Microsoft has agreed to buy Mojang, the Swedish developer of the Minecraft PC and console game, for US$2.5 billion, the companies announced Monday.
Oracle has signed an agreement to acquire Front Porch Digital, a provider of technology for migrating, managing and monetizing large-scale media content.
The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
Google has acquired Polar, a company that specializes in online polls that allows its customers to get "instant opinions on anything."
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy Cloud platform provider, Eucalyptus, stepping up HP's efforts in the growing field of Cloud computing.
Google has acquired Lift Labs, which makes a mechanical spoon for people suffering from tremors, in a move giving Google new technology for combating neurodegenerative diseases.
Satya Nadella could be gearing for his first big acquisition as Microsoft CEO: the company is close to buying the maker of the game Minecraft for more than $2 billion, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal Tuesday.
Oracle has wrapped up its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, maker of hardware and software for the hospitality industry, in its biggest deal since the purchase of Sun Microsystems in 2010.
With Lenovo expected to close its IBM x86 server business acquisition by year end, a glimpse at the combined server product line has emerged.
Tibco's board of directors has begun a review of "strategic and financial alternatives," which presumably include a sale, the middleware vendor has confirmed following a news report of its plans.
Samsung Electronics has acquired mobile cloud printing company PrinterOn in a bid to enhance its mobile cloud services to the business-to-business market, the company said Wednesday.
Amazon will pay US$970 million to acquire Twitch, a site for live video broadcasts of people's video gaming sessions.
Google has acquired Gecko Design, which will become part of the Internet company's unit developing cutting-edge products like Glass and balloons for Internet access.
Extending its desktop virtualization stack, VMware has acquired CloudVolumes, a 3-year-old startup that developed software for delivering virtualized applications on the fly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA