PayPal is acquiring Xoom, an international money transfer service, in a deal that lets PayPal break into a new market worth an estimated $600 billion a year, the companies said Wednesday.
Alibaba Group has decided to sell off its 11Main e-commerce site in the U.S., as part of its focus on attracting foreign brands to its China business.
To boost its in-house machine learning efforts, Twitter has acquired Whetlab, a startup that makes it easier for companies to use machine learning tools.
Asustek Computer may be considering a bid for HTC, but HTC said Monday it wants nothing do with it.
A deal for Taiwanese PC maker Asustek Computer to buy struggling phone-maker HTC makes sense to some, and on Friday Asus's chairman said he wouldn't rule it out.
To help enterprise customers better manage applications sprawled across hybrid clouds, Microsoft has purchased BlueStripe Software, a provider of technology for watching over distributed applications.
Adding to a growing portfolio of software development applications, CA Technologies has acquired Grid-Tools, whose software automates the process of testing newly-built applications.
Satellite TV service provider Dish Network and wireless carrier T-Mobile US are reportedly in talks for a merger, which could be the latest in a wave of consolidation in the media and communications industry.
Betting that demand for hybrid clouds will grow strongly, IBM has acquired Blue Box, which specializes in offering OpenStack open source cloud hosting services.
Intel has agreed to shell out a whopping US$16.7 billion to acquire Altera, a company that makes something Intel lacks: FPGAs (field-programmable gate arrays), which are reprogrammable chips. Some of Intel's major acquisitions in the past haven't pan...
Intel and Altera are apparently once again on speaking terms and said to be nearing a deal in which Intel would buy the smaller chip maker for US$15 billion.
Can a Chinese PC vendor learn to be cool?
Apple has taken a big step into augmented reality by acquiring Metaio, a German company whose technology has been used by Macy's, BMW and furniture retailer Ikea.
Following its IBM x86 server business acquisition, Lenovo plans on attacking the enterprise hardware arena with low-cost products to undercut the competition.
Avago Technologies has agreed to buy Broadcom in a deal that will create a networking chip giant with a wide variety of products, including components for the burgeoning IoT sector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
- Microsoft offers researchers $500K to work on HoloLens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW