Storage technology firm 3PAR confirmed late Friday that its board has accepted Hewlett-Packard's acqusition offer of $US30 per share, ending more than a week of competitive bidding with Dell.
SAP and Sybase officials gathered in Boston on Thursday to reveal how they plan to bring together their respective technologies in the areas of mobility, analytics and enterprise information management.
Intel said Thursday it plans to acquire security vendor McAfee in a cash deal valued at about $US7.68 billion and aimed at enhancing the chip maker's mobile strategy.
Cisco Systems closed its acquisition of Tandberg on Monday, formally ending a tense struggle over the fair value of the Norwegian videoconferencing vendor.
Nokia on Friday said it will acquire MetaCarta, a privately-held company in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that specializes in finding content for location-aware services.
Microsoft plans to buy health-care software maker Sentillion for an undisclosed sum in order to expand its own health-care offerings and capitalize on an upcoming opportunity for new sales.
Social networking site Friendster accepted a buyout offer from Malaysia's MOL Global, which hopes to generate revenue from the site using micropayments.
Apple has acquired online music streaming company Lala, the company said Monday, adding to the ways it could offer music to users.
Broadcom has agreed to acquire Dune Networks, a privately held maker of high-speed switch fabrics, for about US$178 million, the companies announced Monday.
Gartner announced Monday that it is buying AMR Research for US$64 million, in the latest acquisition by the giant IT research firm. The deal is expected to be completed this month.
Just two weeks after buying mobile advertising company AdMob, Google on Monday announced plans to purchase Teracent, an online display advertising company.
Ciena will pay US$769 million for the optical networking and carrier Ethernet assets of Nortel Networks' Metro Ethernet Networks business, the two companies said on Monday.
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy 3Com for about US$2.7 billion, pushing forward the giant IT vendor's strategy for combining computing, storage, services and networking under one roof.
Cisco this week said is extending the acceptance period for its $US3 billion cash offer to acquire Tandberg to Nov. 18. The initial acceptance deadline was Nov. 9.
Google plans to buy mobile advertising provider AdMob for US$750 million stock, the search giant said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW