Dell said Thursday it is in advanced talks with storage vendor Compellent Technologies regarding a merger that would call for Dell to pay US$27.50 per share, or roughly $876 million, for the company.
Enterprise open-source software vendor Red Hat has acquired cloud software provider Makara, Red Hat announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Novell announced Monday it has agreed to be acquired by Attachmate for US$2.2 billion, ending months of speculation over its future. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
Open-source data integration vendor Talend is expanding its footprint into SOA (service-oriented architecture), announcing Wednesday that it has purchased Sopera, developer of an open-source ESB (enterprise service bus) and other technologies. Terms ...
Oracle announced Tuesday that it plans to buy e-commerce vendor Art Technology Group for about $US1 billion. The deal is expected to be completed early next year.
Google continues to aggressively pursue social-networking capabilities, this time with the acquisition of Angstro.
The bidding war for storage vendor 3PAR continued to escalate Friday, with Hewlett-Packard submitting a new offer of US$30 per share, or $2 billion. The offer topped a $27 per share bid made by Dell earlier in the day.
Hewlett-Packard has raised its offer for 3PAR to US$27 per share, outbidding Dell once more as the battle to acquire the California-based storage vendor continues.
The bidding war between Dell and Hewlett-Packard for virtualized storage vendor 3PAR continued on Thursday, with Dell increasing its bid to US$24.30 per share, or about $1.6 billion.
3PAR will open discussions with Hewlett-Packard following that company's unsolicited $1.6 billion cash bid for the data storage maker, which exceeded an earlier bid from Dell.
Hewlett-Packard has offered to buy 3PAR, a vendor of virtualized storage systems, for US$1.6 billion in cash, topping a bid of $1.15 billion made by Dell last Monday.
Dell on Monday announced it has agreed to acquire virtualized storage provider 3PAR for about US$1.15 billion, a move that will boost its capabilities for building public and private cloud computing environments. The deal is expected to close later t...
Google has bought Jambool, a company that makes a platform for managing online payments for virtual goods sold on gaming and social networking sites.
IBM said Friday it intends to purchase marketing software maker Unica for roughly US$480 million, in a move that will boost Big Blue's capabilities for creating focused marketing campaigns. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this ...
Adobe Systems has agreed to buy Web software maker Day Software Holding in a deal worth US$240 million, the company said in a statement Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA