Samsung Electronics has announced a new chip that will make it possible for the company and others to build smartphones and tablets with up to 4GB of RAM.
Rambus and Micron Technology said Monday the companies had signed a broad patent cross-license agreement, giving Micron the right to use any Rambus patent for the manufacture of specified integrated circuit products, including memories.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
A fire at a SK Hynix memory chip plant in Wuxi, China will have no impact on the company's DRAM production, the company said on Thursday, adding that the factory will resume operations soon.
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing DDR4 memories that it expects will go into enterprise servers in next-generation data centers.
Toshiba has kicked off a project that is the first step toward a new type of memory chip that could provide vastly greater capacity at a lower cost for digital gadgets such as cameras, smartphones and tablets.
Startup Crossbar emerged from stealth mode Monday to announce its version of RRAM (resistive random-access memory), a new type of memory that could be a successor to flash storage and DRAM.
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Rambus has signed a US$240 million patent licensing agreement with SK Hynix, ending a nearly 13-year patent dispute between the two companies over memory-chip technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCJunior Support OfficerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperVIC