New chips that blur the line between computer memory and storage are starting to move beyond niche applications and could change how we use PCs, an industry analyst said Sunday.
Samsung Electronics has announced a new chip that will make it possible for the company and others to build smartphones and tablets with up to 4GB of RAM.
Rambus and Micron Technology said Monday the companies had signed a broad patent cross-license agreement, giving Micron the right to use any Rambus patent for the manufacture of specified integrated circuit products, including memories.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
A fire at a SK Hynix memory chip plant in Wuxi, China will have no impact on the company's DRAM production, the company said on Thursday, adding that the factory will resume operations soon.
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing DDR4 memories that it expects will go into enterprise servers in next-generation data centers.
Toshiba has kicked off a project that is the first step toward a new type of memory chip that could provide vastly greater capacity at a lower cost for digital gadgets such as cameras, smartphones and tablets.
Startup Crossbar emerged from stealth mode Monday to announce its version of RRAM (resistive random-access memory), a new type of memory that could be a successor to flash storage and DRAM.
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW