Rambus and Micron Technology said Monday the companies had signed a broad patent cross-license agreement, giving Micron the right to use any Rambus patent for the manufacture of specified integrated circuit products, including memories.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
A fire at a SK Hynix memory chip plant in Wuxi, China will have no impact on the company's DRAM production, the company said on Thursday, adding that the factory will resume operations soon.
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing DDR4 memories that it expects will go into enterprise servers in next-generation data centers.
Toshiba has kicked off a project that is the first step toward a new type of memory chip that could provide vastly greater capacity at a lower cost for digital gadgets such as cameras, smartphones and tablets.
Startup Crossbar emerged from stealth mode Monday to announce its version of RRAM (resistive random-access memory), a new type of memory that could be a successor to flash storage and DRAM.
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Rambus has signed a US$240 million patent licensing agreement with SK Hynix, ending a nearly 13-year patent dispute between the two companies over memory-chip technology.
Toshiba said it will soon begin mass producing a new type of 64Gbit NAND flash that is the smallest and fastest in its class, though it still lags rival Samsung Electronics in the development of an even denser flash technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW