We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
Intel's Optane technology is already shipping in the form of storage, but you'll have to wait until next year to buy Optane memory modules.
G.Skill's new Trident Z DDR4 RAM mixes RGB lighting with insanely fast speeds.
As flash gets cheaper, enterprises are spending the same amount of money on storage systems but getting more capacity.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 256-gigabit 3D vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash memories, clearing the way for higher-capacity memory that doesn't take up more room.
Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
A new low-power, high-speed memory technology on the horizon could replace solid-state drives, hard drives and DRAM in PCs, and bring higher levels of storage capacity to mobile devices and wearables.
Samsung Electronics registered its sixth straight quarterly decline in profits in the first three months of this year as competition bit into its key smartphone and display businesses.
Researchers at Stanford University have come up with a new way to make chips and solar panels using gallium arsenide, a semiconductor that beats silicon in several important areas but is typically too expensive for widespread use.
Samsung Electronics has developed flash memory storage that could help bring 128GB capacity to smartphones and tablets in the middle and low end of the price spectrum.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
The battle for PC gaming's "sweet spot" has a new challenger. With the GeForce GTX 980 and 970 firmly in command of the premium graphics card market, Nvidia's setting its sights on the crucial 1080p enthusiast segment with the GTX 960, the first trul...
High-end smartphones could soon have 4GB of super-fast RAM, resulting in better multi-tasking and the ability to continuously shoot images with 20-megapixel cameras.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTDesign Specialist - TelecomNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- CCBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTProcurement Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC