Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 256-gigabit 3D vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash memories, clearing the way for higher-capacity memory that doesn't take up more room.
Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
A new low-power, high-speed memory technology on the horizon could replace solid-state drives, hard drives and DRAM in PCs, and bring higher levels of storage capacity to mobile devices and wearables.
Samsung Electronics registered its sixth straight quarterly decline in profits in the first three months of this year as competition bit into its key smartphone and display businesses.
Researchers at Stanford University have come up with a new way to make chips and solar panels using gallium arsenide, a semiconductor that beats silicon in several important areas but is typically too expensive for widespread use.
Samsung Electronics has developed flash memory storage that could help bring 128GB capacity to smartphones and tablets in the middle and low end of the price spectrum.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
The battle for PC gaming's "sweet spot" has a new challenger. With the GeForce GTX 980 and 970 firmly in command of the premium graphics card market, Nvidia's setting its sights on the crucial 1080p enthusiast segment with the GTX 960, the first trul...
High-end smartphones could soon have 4GB of super-fast RAM, resulting in better multi-tasking and the ability to continuously shoot images with 20-megapixel cameras.
The contraction of the semiconductor industry continued with embedded chip and flash memory makers Cypress Semiconductor and Spansion announcing a merger plan worth $4 billion.
Novel molecules could help flash memory move beyond its storage limits, allowing for massive amounts of data to be recorded in small spaces, according to European scientists.
Intel plans to ship 3D NAND flash chips next year that will allow it to cram more bits into solid-state storage.
Everspin has signed up chip maker Global Foundries as a manufacturing partner for its next-generation MRAM (Magnetoresistive RAM) memory chips, in a development that should help the promising technology move toward mass production.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT