The U.S. Congress needs to shut down so-called patent trolls whose infringement lawsuits are diverting company resources from hiring and research, a group of technology companies told lawmakers Thursday.
The Stop Online Piracy Act, the subject of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, has generated heated debate since lawmakers introduced it on Oct. 26.
Sponsors of the controversial U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act defended the legislation Wednesday, saying the proposal is needed to shut down websites trafficking in billions of dollars worth of online piracy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC