Nokia's N9 smartphone -- the first to run the company's MeeGo operating system -- is now available through Telstra after the telco detailed pricing and plans on its Web site.
Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Nokia may be floundering in the high-end smartphone wars (and will soon be switching to the Windows Phone 7 platform for its N-Series devices), but its newest MeeGo powered N9 smartphone has just been shown off in a teaser video.
Intel has been investing heavily in the development of Meego, which is a lightweight Linux OS for tablets, smartphones and embedded devices. Thus far, Meego has not been offered by any tablet or netbook vendor.
Nokia's N8 smartphone may soon be superseded by a superior model running the MeeGo operating system, thought to be called the Nokia N9.
In an effort to expand software compatibility for its upcoming Fusion chips, Advanced Micro Devices on Monday joined rival Intel's efforts to develop the open-source MeeGo OS.
Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
Intel's AppUp store now allows Australian users to purchase applications. The AppUp application store for netbooks was launched to the public last week at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, but Australian users were restricted to downloading...
WeTab will next week release the world's first tablet based on the MeeGo operating system. At the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, WeTab showed off the device, which boasts a boot-up time of only 16sec along with a stand-by recovery time of 1s...
Intel's AppUP application store has gone live today and will allow netbook and notebook users to download free and non-free applications.
Images posted at Chinese site Tieba.baidu.com allegedly Nokia's latest N9 smartphone -- and, Gizmodo notes, it looks like a slimmed down MacBook Pro!
MeeGo, a Linux Foundation effort to provide a mobile version of Linux, moves on Wednesday to "Day 1" of the MeeGo Handset User Experience project, with developers able to access handset baseline source code and leverage touch capabilities, MeeGo repr...
Intel has posted a demonstration of its Linux-based Meego OS for tablet computers via a YouTube video that shows the OS's multitouch support, multitasking and integrated social networking.
The world's second-largest contract manufacturer of laptops is spreading its bets on tablet PC operating systems. It is building tablets running Microsoft Windows, Google's Android, and the MeeGo OS backed by Intel and Nokia.
Users who have bought Nokia's flagship smartphone, the Maemo-based N900, won't be able to upgrade the device to MeeGo, Nokia said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT