The latest Mac Mini offers an HDMI connection, an aluminium, unibody enclosure and a removable panel to upgrade memory
Media centre pcs
Couch potatoes, your keyboard-mouse is here: the Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901
An ASUS notebook that uses Bang & Olufsen technology to offer great audio quality
The Medion AKOYA P4020 D PC will be sold in Aldi supermarkets from 10 June, and it offers a good set of features for its price
The Cideko Air Keyboard is a mini keyboard with built-in motion sensing, for use as a media-centre controller
Acer today announced that it will launch a new media centre PC in April. The Acer Revo 100 includes a combination touchpad and touch keyboard that slots inside the PC's case when not in use.
Microsoft is adding Netflix to the list of content providers in its Windows Media Center feature for Vista PCs as part of the company's drive to give people more entertainment options on their computers.
IceTV has announced new features for PVRs and Media Centre PCs that use its service. Any device that is able to connect to the IceTV Interactive Web-scheduling service now has the ability to record via keywords.
So I'm testing this super-cool Lenovo system that would make a perfect media center for the den. It's an all-in-one, meaning there's no bulky tower--just a screen, a base, and a wireless keyboard and mouse.
Using your PC to store your photos, videos, and music might save you the trouble of having to dust off photo albums and alphabetize your CD collection, but it can still be a pain to keep your media converted, stored, tagged, and uploaded.
I'm a big fan of Microsoft's Windows Media Center, which is built into Vista and Windows 7.
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a big fan of the Windows Media Center software that comes baked into most versions of Vista and Windows 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW