Wave your smartphone; buy a latte. Sounds great, doesn't it? But before running off to participate in Silicon Valley's next new thing, you might want to think about a scary downside to mobile commerce: the vulnerability of smartphones to hackers.
Cyber warfare strategy is getting so sophisticated that network attacks suitable for major assaults are being used instead as trial runs meant solely to probe enemies with the aim of figuring out what their defenses are, an audience at an Interop sec...
The Android-powered Xperia Mini Pro smartphone from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro smartphones in London on Thursday, each running Android 2.3 and powered by 1 GHz Snapdragon processors.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
A trial version of a 3D CAD software package includes "phone-home" functionality that allows the vendor to contact downloaders months later and demand thousands of dollars in licensing fees, according to a class-action lawsuit filed recently in Massa...
The hacker group that exposed holes in McAfee's website knows it's breaking U.S. law, but vows to continue exposing vulnerabilities, especially on security vendor websites.
I like to think that most of us who use computers are reasonably bright and responsible. So I get really irritated by the mindset of some technology vendors who insist that treating us like children is not only okay, but also the responsible thing fo...
The McAfee.com website is full of security mistakes that could lead to cross-site scripting and other attacks, researchers said in a post on the Full Disclosure site on Monday. The holes with the site were found by the YGN Ethical Hacker Group, and r...
Windows users who install the latest Java security patches may end up with a little more security than they bargained for, at least that's the risk they take if they don't pay close attention to the installation process.
Intel's McAfee subsidiary on Wednesday said it would acquire Sentrigo, which provides database security and compliance products.
Intel's acquisition of McAfee -- originally announced last August -- has passed regulatory hurdles and is now official. The question now is: "What does the future hold with the combination of one of the leading chip manufacturers and one of the leadi...
Intel has completed its $US7.68 billion acquisition of security vendor McAfee, the chip maker announced on Monday.
McAfee, which will soon be an Intel subsidiary, and Wind River, which already is one, Wednesday announced they are hardening the security of industrial commercial operating systems supplied by Wind River to makers of products such as automated teller...
Disk maker Seagate claims it is finally making some headway in its attempts to get businesses to start buying its self-encrypting drive (SED) products, with a tripling in sales in the last two quarters.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.This will be the year of the hacker --- or rather, the year hacking goes mainstream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT