As part of its plan to set up to 12 manufacturing facilities in India by 2020, contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$5 billion in a factory and other facilities in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
Apple is in talks with iPhone screen maker Japan Display that could result in the construction of a new screen factory in Japan, Japanese media reported Friday.
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
Canberra 3D printing start-up, Hardcotton, has developed what it claims is the world’s first pressure-controlled 3D printer, a device which requires minimal human interaction.
Intel has put on hold a new chip manufacturing facility at its site in Chandler, Arizona, leaving the new space available for unspecified future technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC