As part of its plan to set up to 12 manufacturing facilities in India by 2020, contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$5 billion in a factory and other facilities in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
Apple is in talks with iPhone screen maker Japan Display that could result in the construction of a new screen factory in Japan, Japanese media reported Friday.
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
Canberra 3D printing start-up, Hardcotton, has developed what it claims is the world’s first pressure-controlled 3D printer, a device which requires minimal human interaction.
Intel has put on hold a new chip manufacturing facility at its site in Chandler, Arizona, leaving the new space available for unspecified future technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC