Swiftly putting its recently acquired Softlayer global cloud to use, IBM is moving much of its software portfolio and all of its existing platform services to the Softlayer cloud, where they all can be accessed as services under a common open archite...
Amazon Web Services now offers a hosted version of the R programming language, providing an easy way for individuals and organizations to start and test their big-data-styled analysis projects.
Microsoft's new service, Power BI, provides a way to analyze data and present the results in a visually appealing way, without the bother of consulting an enterprise business intelligence software package.
Amazon Web Services has improved the performance of its Redshift data warehouse with new SSD-based nodes, which can also lower the cost of the service as long as storage capacity needs are also low.
Sensing the customer need for more computational muscle in smaller packages, Amazon Web Services has added a number of new packages in its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service.
Dispelling any lingering doubt that IBM sees cloud computing as the way of the future, the company announced that it will invest US$1.2 billion this year in expanding its global cloud infrastructure.
Rounding out its hosting service for millions of users, the GitHub online code repository has added more bandwidth for project home pages and has introduced analytics to summarize the Web traffic each project generates.
Dropbox is getting help from Dell to convince enterprises to pick its hosted storage and file-sharing platform, and also to make it more secure.
Microsoft has launched the Cloud OS Network, a global consortium of cloud service providers that offer Windows Azure IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service).
Hewlett Packard is making the case for private and hybrid clouds in Barcelona this week at its annual HP Discover user conference.
BMC Software has set up a private-label marketplace service that will allow independent software vendors (ISVs) and other organizations to run their own online app stores.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Recognizing the growing popularity of Node.js for building distributed Web applications, cloud provider Joyent will soon offer a commercial support package for managing the platform, wherever it is run.
After running the service in preview mode for over a year, Google is making its IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service) Google Compute Engine (GCE) available as a full-fledged commercial service.
With its new AppStream offering, Amazon is offering intensive graphics processing as a service, with the promise of freeing developers from worrying about the rendering capabilities of each user's device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC