Google has released a security scanner to help its cloud customers guard against attacks on their Web applications.
IBM is expanding its roster of Watson online services that can be deployed by developers to enhance their apps with analysis and data processing capabilities.
Businesses curious about exposing system services and data to the outside world can now test the idea with a free offer from 3scale for managing publicly exposed APIs.
If 2014 was the year that Apache Hadoop sparked the big data revolution, 2015 may be the year that Apache Spark supplants Hadoop with its superior capabilities for richer and more timely analysis.
Hoping to enlarge its pool of corporate customers to include the enterprise market, startup BitYota will soon offer its data warehouse service on the Microsoft Azure cloud, thanks to a partnership between the two companies.
Two of IBM's most popular analysis products, the Cognos Business Intelligence and the SPSS predictive analytics package, are headed for the Cloud, the latest in an ongoing push by IBM to port its vast software portfolio to the Cloud.
IBM is expanding the customer base for its Watson cognitive computing technology as companies from an increasingly wide variety of industries start to incorporate the service into their businesses.
IBM is offering a potentially powerful incentive in its attempts to entice organizations to move supercomputing jobs to the cloud: a high-speed network communications link called InfiniBand.
Following through on promises from new CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft continues to add support for non-Microsoft technologies, allowing them to run well on the company's Azure cloud hosting platform.
Two years after losing high-profile government work to Amazon Web Services, IBM has revamped the way it structures enterprise cloud services contracts, thanks in part to its $US2 billion acquisition of cloud services provider SoftLayer.
Building on its successful platform for monitoring the performance of IT systems, New Relic now offers a service that collects and analyzes app performance data to provide more information about how effectively businesses are serving their customers.
Enterprises looking to cut costs of storing data can soon investigate a new service from Microsoft designed to save money by backing up information in the cloud.
Taking on Google, Databricks plans to offer its own cloud service for analyzing live data streams, one based on the Apache Spark software.
Following a similar move by IBM, Hewlett-Packard is unifying its Cloud portfolio under a single architecture and brand name, called HP Helion.
Online code repository GitHub is taking on the venerable Emacs and Vim text editors by releasing a text editor of its own, called Atom, which it claims is more suited to the Web era of development.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain review: Another 1980s sword-and-board adapted for the modern era
- Google's new Crowdsource app wants human help for better translations and Maps info
- Google quietly discontinues the Chromebook Pixel 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160915/SSA/893Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW