Google has released a security scanner to help its cloud customers guard against attacks on their Web applications.
IBM is expanding its roster of Watson online services that can be deployed by developers to enhance their apps with analysis and data processing capabilities.
Businesses curious about exposing system services and data to the outside world can now test the idea with a free offer from 3scale for managing publicly exposed APIs.
If 2014 was the year that Apache Hadoop sparked the big data revolution, 2015 may be the year that Apache Spark supplants Hadoop with its superior capabilities for richer and more timely analysis.
Hoping to enlarge its pool of corporate customers to include the enterprise market, startup BitYota will soon offer its data warehouse service on the Microsoft Azure cloud, thanks to a partnership between the two companies.
Two of IBM's most popular analysis products, the Cognos Business Intelligence and the SPSS predictive analytics package, are headed for the Cloud, the latest in an ongoing push by IBM to port its vast software portfolio to the Cloud.
IBM is expanding the customer base for its Watson cognitive computing technology as companies from an increasingly wide variety of industries start to incorporate the service into their businesses.
IBM is offering a potentially powerful incentive in its attempts to entice organizations to move supercomputing jobs to the cloud: a high-speed network communications link called InfiniBand.
Following through on promises from new CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft continues to add support for non-Microsoft technologies, allowing them to run well on the company's Azure cloud hosting platform.
Two years after losing high-profile government work to Amazon Web Services, IBM has revamped the way it structures enterprise cloud services contracts, thanks in part to its $US2 billion acquisition of cloud services provider SoftLayer.
Building on its successful platform for monitoring the performance of IT systems, New Relic now offers a service that collects and analyzes app performance data to provide more information about how effectively businesses are serving their customers.
Enterprises looking to cut costs of storing data can soon investigate a new service from Microsoft designed to save money by backing up information in the cloud.
Taking on Google, Databricks plans to offer its own cloud service for analyzing live data streams, one based on the Apache Spark software.
Following a similar move by IBM, Hewlett-Packard is unifying its Cloud portfolio under a single architecture and brand name, called HP Helion.
Online code repository GitHub is taking on the venerable Emacs and Vim text editors by releasing a text editor of its own, called Atom, which it claims is more suited to the Web era of development.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW