Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
Microsoft has taken legal action to combat the spread of malware that the company says can be traced to bad actors in Kuwait and Algeria.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Malicious software that swaps itself for legitimate online banking applications is striking users in South Korea, with thousands of devices infected in the last week, according to a Chinese mobile security company.
A European bank may have lost as much as €500,000 (US$682,000) in a week earlier this year, according to Kaspersky Lab, which analyzed data on a server used in attacks against online banking users in Italy and Turkey.
Governments are increasingly using spyware for mobile devices to monitor targets, raising questions over the possible misuse of such tools, a new study suggests.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
AskMen.com, a popular website with millions of monthly visitors, was redirecting visitors to other domains that delivered the Caphaw malware, according to security vendor WebSense.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
Security researchers said they've spotted a new type of banking malware that rivals the capabilities of the infamous Zeus malware.
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC