Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
Microsoft has taken legal action to combat the spread of malware that the company says can be traced to bad actors in Kuwait and Algeria.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Malicious software that swaps itself for legitimate online banking applications is striking users in South Korea, with thousands of devices infected in the last week, according to a Chinese mobile security company.
A European bank may have lost as much as €500,000 (US$682,000) in a week earlier this year, according to Kaspersky Lab, which analyzed data on a server used in attacks against online banking users in Italy and Turkey.
Governments are increasingly using spyware for mobile devices to monitor targets, raising questions over the possible misuse of such tools, a new study suggests.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
AskMen.com, a popular website with millions of monthly visitors, was redirecting visitors to other domains that delivered the Caphaw malware, according to security vendor WebSense.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
Security researchers said they've spotted a new type of banking malware that rivals the capabilities of the infamous Zeus malware.
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW