As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattacks.
malware in pictures
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
The earliest worms and viruses were created for geeky fun and did little harm - oh, how times have changed. Here are 20 worms, viruses and botnets that show the evolution of malware, from Creeper to Flame.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
Mobile banking has a new enemy, Asacub, a new form of mobile malware targeting Android users.
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
With the 2010 FIFA World Cup set to kick off at the start of June, anti-spyware company Lavasoft has compiled a list of the top online traps to look out for.
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Sony reveals DualShock 4 wireless adapter for PCs
- Exclusive no more: Sony's PlayStation Now is bringing hundreds of PS3 games to PCs
- AMD sweetens its 6- and 8-core FX chips with free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTProject ManagerNSW