IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
IBM has taken the wraps off a new mainframe computer, promising it will help customers to detect more fraud in real time and plow through billions of transactions generated each day by smartphones and tablets.
Hoping to make mainframes intuitive for younger IT workers, Compuware has created development and management tools to mimic modern day interfaces and methodologies.
Returning to its roots as a mainframe software provider, Compuware has spun off is application performance management software unit.
The make-or-break project kept engineers just out of college working around the clock hunting down bugs. The product had so much buzz that speculators bought up units to resell later for a profit. The company invested so much in development that its ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC