IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
IBM has taken the wraps off a new mainframe computer, promising it will help customers to detect more fraud in real time and plow through billions of transactions generated each day by smartphones and tablets.
Hoping to make mainframes intuitive for younger IT workers, Compuware has created development and management tools to mimic modern day interfaces and methodologies.
Returning to its roots as a mainframe software provider, Compuware has spun off is application performance management software unit.
The make-or-break project kept engineers just out of college working around the clock hunting down bugs. The product had so much buzz that speculators bought up units to resell later for a profit. The company invested so much in development that its ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW