Despite a blizzard of bad press about the iPhone 4's antenna, more than nine out of 10 consumers who have the smartphone said they're happy with their purchase, a pollster said today.
The exploit used to jailbreak Apple's newest iPhone operating system is both "beautiful" and "scary," a noted vulnerability researcher said Monday.
Apple today refreshed its iMac line for the first time since October 2009 by adopting Intel's Core i3, i5 and i7 processors across the board and abandoning NVidia's integrated graphics chipset for ATI-branded graphics processors.
Apple was sued last week over claims that its iPad easily overheats, then suddenly switches itself off.
Citigroup has urged customers conducting mobile banking from their iPhones to immediately upgrade because a security flaw in the older app secreted account information on the smartphone.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
For the third time in the last four quarters, Apple today reported it sold a record number of Macs, although sales of the iPhone slipped slightly.
Hewlett Packard is seeking to trademark the name "PalmPad" for computer hardware and mobile devices, providing a solid indication that a tablet computer based on HP's purchase of Palm and its WebOS is under development.
iPhone owners may grouse about AT&T's service, but the "halo effect" of Apple's smartphone significantly boosts the U.S. carrier's customer satisfaction levels, not just its revenue, an analyst said today.
The iPhone 4's antenna and reception problems have given pause to two out of three current iPhone owners, who said they would postpone upgrading to the new model, said research firm IDC.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Facing mounting public relations troubles over the iPhone 4, Apple must act swiftly to quell customer complaints about poor reception by giving away free cases, crisis communication experts say.
Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
A top Microsoft executive today compared Apple's iPhone 4 to his own company's problem-plagued Vista operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
- 5 hidden iOS 10 features that are instant game changers
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW