Shipments of devices based on Apple's Mac OS and iOS will close the gap on those of products running all flavors of Windows over the next two years, but Windows will then start to pull away again, according to figures from Gartner.
Previously unknown Mac OS X spyware, signed with a valid Apple Developer ID, has turned up on the laptop of an activist from Angola at a human rights conference in Norway.
Apple has released a massive security update for Mac OS X along with a new version of its OS, however, according to several reports, installing the patches could render computers unbootable.
Apple today prepared iOS, Mac and Windows users for tomorrow's launch of iOS 5 and iCloud by shipping iTunes 10.5.
There is unlikely to be another visionary like Apple Chairman Steve Jobs, who died Wednesday at age 56, no one who will have anything approaching his impact on the computer and electronics industries.
Apple has sold more than six million copies of Mac OS X 10.7, better known as Lion, since its debut in late July, CEO Tim Cook said today.
Apple will likely release iOS 5, the next version of its mobile operating system, in two weeks.
1. Integration could pose challenges. Possibly the biggest issue with Lion has been how it gets along with existing applications-especially Adobe's-because it doesn't support Flash. Both sides say they are working on this, but for now this limitation...
Mac users can thank Microsoft for taking down a small but dangerous botnet.
Security firms today warned Mac users of a new Trojan horse that masquerades as a PDF document.
For the eighth year running, Apple again beat rival computer makers that sell Windows PCs in an annual customer satisfaction survey, a researcher said today.
Apple is rolling out an OS X patch to deal with the DigiNotar threat. DigiNotar will be removed from the list of trusted root certificates.
One-in-six Macs now runs Apple's latest operating system, a Web metrics company said Thursday.
Apple on Monday released a utility that builds a Lion recovery disk on a USB flash drive, giving users a way to restore their Macs if the machine's hard drive fails completely.
A patent lawsuit aimed at Apple could be the latest shot in the ongoing battle between that company and Google's Android mobile operating system, a patent expert said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC