An IBM project to expand the market for its Power processor is making headway, with new hardware announced Wednesday that aims to challenge Intel's dominance in the data center.
Dell kicked off its customer conference in Texas this week, almost exactly a year after it became a private company, and on Wednesday announced a new type of server that Michael Dell bragged has the most compute density of its kind.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturing giant best known for producing Apple's iPhone, to tackle the growing market for low-cost servers in cloud data centers.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia