The worldwide market for mobile WiMax services in 2015 will be five times its current size, according to ABI Research -- but smaller than the company's analysts had expected just a few months ago.
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
Three separate companies are steadily recruiting intellectual property holders into patent pools for LTE (Long-Term Evolution) technology, initiatives intended to get more manufacturers building gear for the fast network.
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
NTT DoCoMo plans to demonstrate a prototype cellular handset running next-generation LTE technology at this month's Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona, one of the companies that co-developed the handset said Monday.
More extensive tests show that TeliaSonera's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network can deliver faster speeds, up to 45Mbps (megabits per second), than previous tests indicated, according to market research company Northstream.
LG Electronics MobileComm plans to demonstrate a next-generation cellular modem that can download data at speeds up to 100M bits per second.
Optus parent company, SingTel, has announced it will run a trial of the wireless technology called Long Term Evolution (LTE) in Australia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Singapore.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTQuantitative Developer | C# | circa $130,000-160,000NSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDelivery LeadACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)QLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW