The worldwide market for mobile WiMax services in 2015 will be five times its current size, according to ABI Research -- but smaller than the company's analysts had expected just a few months ago.
Long Term Evolution (LTE)
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
Three separate companies are steadily recruiting intellectual property holders into patent pools for LTE (Long-Term Evolution) technology, initiatives intended to get more manufacturers building gear for the fast network.
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
NTT DoCoMo plans to demonstrate a prototype cellular handset running next-generation LTE technology at this month's Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona, one of the companies that co-developed the handset said Monday.
It was pure coincidence that I happened to be in Las Vegas on the very day MetroPCS launched the country's first Long Term Evolution (LTE) services, so I took the opportunity to chase down and test-drive the Samsung Craft phone, MetroPCS's sole LTE d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW