The worldwide market for mobile WiMax services in 2015 will be five times its current size, according to ABI Research -- but smaller than the company's analysts had expected just a few months ago.
Long Term Evolution (LTE)
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
Three separate companies are steadily recruiting intellectual property holders into patent pools for LTE (Long-Term Evolution) technology, initiatives intended to get more manufacturers building gear for the fast network.
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
NTT DoCoMo plans to demonstrate a prototype cellular handset running next-generation LTE technology at this month's Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona, one of the companies that co-developed the handset said Monday.
It was pure coincidence that I happened to be in Las Vegas on the very day MetroPCS launched the country's first Long Term Evolution (LTE) services, so I took the opportunity to chase down and test-drive the Samsung Craft phone, MetroPCS's sole LTE d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC