If you're a Windows 7 user who wants to try out Linux for the first time, one of the easiest ways to do so is to install Ubuntu by using the Windows Ubuntu Installer, or Wubi for short. Using this installer, you can run Ubuntu on your Windows system ...
The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of A...
There's no doubt Canonical's popular Ubuntu Linux distribution gets the majority of attention in the Linux world these days, but there are myriad others equally worthy of consideration.
Motorola announced the Atrix smartphone at the Consumer Electronics Show, and while many have been concentrating on its 4G connectivity and clever desktop dock that lets it run a cut-down Linux desktop on a full-sized monitor, nearly everybody has mi...
Were it not for Windows' long-standing installed base and overwhelming market dominance, it seems unlikely that anyone would argue seriously for the merit of the operating system, plagued as it is by high prices, security problems and vendor lock-in.
As the details of Samsung's Galaxy Tab are gradually revealed, it's becoming increasingly clear that many of the tablet's most desirable features derive from its use of Android--or Linux, that is--which, after all, is the basis for Google's winning m...
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
The Apple iOS, which runs on its iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, has a flaw in how it reads PDF documents that makes it easier to hack. This flaw is exploited by JailbreakMe, a one-click site that makes it easy for anyone without any real tech skills t...
Despite the wealth of free applications out there, many small business owners continue to spend an inordinate amount of their all-too-scarce resources on software.
Not surprisingly, the misperception that Linux is harder to use than other operating systems is also one that competing vendors routinely use to scare potential new users away from Linux.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which mobile operating system is fairest of all? That's a common question, given the many contenders in the mobile arena--and the well-publicized glitches that have recently come up.
Jolicloud 1.0 is a new edition of Linux aimed at non-technical netbook users.
One of the benefits of open source software that many people are most familiar with is that it's free to download. This means you can grab great applications -- such as Mozilla's Firefox Web browser, the OpenOffice.org office suite or the GIMP photo ...
Apple has long had a history of being arrogant. But, more often than not, they've been able to back it up by the quality of their products.
Who's got the safest operating system? Apple, Google, Microsoft? According to one security expert, what really matters is who's using the OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD