IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
A group dedicated to averting another Heartbleed-style vulnerability is narrowing down a list of critical open source projects that will receive its funding and support.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
Will smartwatches and cars give the Tizen OS the traction it hasn't gotten in smartphones? The OS's backers are getting their hopes up in advance of a developer conference next week.
There are many ways that vendors of proprietary products try to scare business customers away from open source software, and one of the more commonly heard examples involves vague fears about compliance with open source licenses. There's nothing like...
Like a fervent preacher appearing before his flock, Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin emphasized benefits and potential for the Linux platform Thursday during an industry conference that also featured an update on mobile Linux efforts. A...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW