Japanese mobile chat firm Line has launched a stripped-down version of its popular chat app to increase its user base in developing countries, where lower-end smartphones are commonly used and network infrastructure is not as advanced.
Get in a taxi in Tokyo, and you'll get a ride with a little old-world charm.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Japanese messaging app Line is bolstering its dominance in Japan with a paid on-demand music streaming service featuring an initial catalog of over 1.5 million songs.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Twitter doesn't seem to have a problem attracting users in international markets, but it definitely has problems making money off them.
Line, the popular messaging platform based in Japan, is challenging e-book vendors like Amazon and Rakuten with a new service to download and view manga, or Japanese comic books.
Line, the messaging platform widely used in Japan, is breaking out of Asia and now has 10 million users in Spain, the company said Wednesday.
Line, the chat app that is exploding in popularity in Japan and other Asian countries, has published an online safety guide for teens after a string of incidents in which it was used to maliciously target young women.
Line, the messaging platform that is now ubiquitous in Japan, has hit 100 million users worldwide in 19 months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW