Google is working with open-source development organization Linaro to develop a special edition of Android for the Project Ara customizable smartphone.
A new ARM mini-computer that could speed up the development of applications for 64-bit Android L smartphones and tablets will ship late next month.
Google is being tight-lipped about when the 64-bit version of Android will be released, but Linux development group Linaro has built a version of the open-source operating system so mobile applications can be written and tested by manufacturers and d...
Linaro, the open-source development consortium for Linux on ARM architecture, is working on software, tools and drivers that could hasten the release of 64-bit Android.
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
A group of chip makers including IBM, Samsung Electronics and Texas Instruments on Thursday unveiled Linaro, a new software-engineering foundation dedicated to improving Linux distributions, including Android, MeeGo and Ubuntu, used in consumer devic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW