The music industry wants LimeWire to pay up to US$75 trillion in damages after losing a copyright infringement claim. That's right . . . $75 trillion. Manhattan federal Judge Kimba Wood has labeled this request "absurd."
LimeWire will close for good on New Years Eve as it will shut its legitimate online music store permanently.
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
After a thorough pummeling by the music industry , peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing software vendor LimeWire Inc. will launch a subscription-based music service for consumers.
Beleaguered file-sharing software maker LimeWire LLC said it still hopes to settle a dispute with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) even as a federal court in New York appears set to shutter the company for enabling copyright infri...
Lime Wire and its former CEO are liable for the copyright infringement executed by its users, a New York federal judge said on Tuesday.
A Seattle man was sentenced to more than three years in prison Tuesday for using the Limewire file-sharing service to lift personal information from computers across the U.S.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW