The music industry wants LimeWire to pay up to US$75 trillion in damages after losing a copyright infringement claim. That's right . . . $75 trillion. Manhattan federal Judge Kimba Wood has labeled this request "absurd."
LimeWire will close for good on New Years Eve as it will shut its legitimate online music store permanently.
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
After a thorough pummeling by the music industry , peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing software vendor LimeWire Inc. will launch a subscription-based music service for consumers.
The demise of the Gnutella client, LimeWire (a study in 2008 showed it was still the number one peer-to-peer client eight years after was first released!), has us reminiscing about some of the popular file sharing applications of the past, which open...
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA