HDR displays are huge on televisions, but have yet to make their way to PC monitors. That changes during CES 2017 with LG's first HDR PC monitor.
LG positions the V20 as the ultimate phone for content creators, but how does it really stack up? We compare its photos and video to content shot by the Pixel XL, Galaxy S7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Which phone's camera has the best audio quality and recording controls? We pit the V20 against handsets from Google, Apple and Samsung.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The V20 is the first smartphone to ship with Android 7.0 Nougat, and comes loaded with multimedia features, and an entirely new battery-swap scheme.
LG's trio of huge new ultrawide displays are brimming with features like FreeSync, USB-C, and Google Cast support—though you can't get all the goodies in a single monitor.
The phone promises 'concert-like audio', though the challenge will be getting buyers to care in a crowded smartphone market.
The follow-up to the V10 will include the same dual-screen and camera features that made the original such an unusual smartphone.
While the modular concept was interesting, the G5 hasn't kept pace with other Android smartphones.
It's part of a batch of four new phones marketed towards those who crave longer battery life and a slim build.
The mystery phone would be able to charge at a distance of up to 7 cm when it launches.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
Love the manual camera controls. Love the display. The battery-swapping scheme is better than ever, but the LG G5 still has a few problems.
FCC certification or some other technicality could be the culprit, as LG wouldn't rule out bringing it to our shores in the future.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW